2011年7月23日星期六

Scores killed in Norway attack



Utoeya island , Norway
More than 80 people have been killed when a gunman opened fire at an sland youth camp in Norway, hours after a bomb attack killed seven people in the capital, Oslo.
Police are questioning a 32-year-old Norwegian man in connection with Friday's attacks.
The man was arrested on tiny Utoeya island outside Oslo, where police say he opened fire on teenagers.

Adrian Pracon

I was working in the information booth on the island.
We were informed by radio of a bombing in Oslo, so we gathered all 700 people on the island together to tell them.
A couple of minutes later we got a phone call to say one policeman was coming on to the shore to see us.

“Start Quote

I could feel his breath, I didn't move”
I went to the coffee shop to get supplies for everyone. I then heard gun shots and could see people running. As they were running, they were shot in the back.
People were falling dead right in front of me.
I ran through the campus to the tent area. I saw the gunman - two people started to talk to him and two seconds later they were both shot.
He was wearing a black uniform, with red edges. He looked liked a Nazi, with his police-like uniform and hair.
The gunman was very sure, calm and controlled. He looked like he knew what he was doing. He screamed at us that we would all die.
We all started to run down to the water, people had already undressed and started swimming. I thought I didn't have enough time to take off my clothes, so I started swimming in the rain, in my clothes and big boots.
I went for about 150 metres but the lake is about 800 metres long. I realised I wouldn't make it so I turned back.
I saw him standing 10 metres from me, shooting at the people who were swimming. He aimed his machine gun at me and I screamed at him, 'No please no, don't do it'. I don't know if he listened to me but he spared me.
He came back an hour later. I was with other survivors and we were lying down and hiding behind the trees and rocks. We were freezing in our wet clothes.
The shooting started again and people were falling on top of me, on my legs and falling into the water - that's when many people died. I just had to shield myself behind them, praying he wouldn't see me.
Then he came closer, I could feel his breath, I could feel his boots, I could feel the warmth of the barrel.
But I didn't move and that's what saved my life.for



没有评论:

发表评论